What is a Mental Health Bingo?
is a type of bingo with content related to mental health. Think of it as your standard bingo, but instead of numbers, there are words or phrases related to mental health or caring for one’s mental health. One can think of it as an activity that mental health practitioners can use to spread awareness on mental health, encourage clients to care for their mental health, or open up conversations on how one deals with their mental health.
Like the activity, the resources needed for mental health bingo depend on the practitioner's preference.
If you’re a mental health practitioner, think your clients will benefit from this activity, and don’t want to spend the time and effort looking for resources, you’ve come to the right place. We have mental health bingo templates just for you.
To access and download a copy, proceed to the next section.
If you are looking for other ways to improve your relationship with clients, feel free to check out this video:
How does it work?
Step One. Access the Template
You can access and download our printable mental health bingo resource templates by either:
- Clicking the “Download Template” or “Use Template”
- Searching “Mental Health Bingo” in Carepatron’s template library in our app or website
Step Two (Optional): Fill Out the Template
We have two templates, one you can use as is or one with only the bare bones. If you choose the latter, it’s best to fill it out beforehand or brainstorm what to write in the boxes with your client or clients.
Step Three: Conduct the Activity
Once you’ve chosen the version you want to use, it’s time to play mental health bingo with your client/s. We will leave it up to you and your expertise on how you will conduct your session.
Mental Health Bingo Example (sample)
Here’s a copy of a filled-out Mental Health Bingo PDF template. Feel free to use it as a reference or for educational purposes.
Grab a copy of our template for offline use by clicking the sample below or the “Download Example PDF” button above.
When would you use this Template?
Mental health practitioners such as therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists can use this mental health bingo template during individual or group sessions with both children and adults to:
- Provide coping strategies to their clients that they can do that won’t take much time every single day
- Encourage communication among those going through similar challenges so they may form a robust support network among each other
- Inform clients about mental health beyond the four walls of the practitioner’s clinic
- Teach children about mental health in a simple, digestible, and memorable manner
In addition to aiding various mental health professionals, the free mental health bingo is adaptable for practitioners to utilize in both individual and group sessions with clients of all age groups.
Not only did we provide a bingo template complete with activities good for one’s mental health, but we’ve also provided an empty template that you can customize according to what you want your client to learn or how you want your session to go.
Provides Motivation for Positive Habit Forming
Knowing about different coping strategies and gamifying them can encourage clients to incorporate them into everyday life until caring for their mental health becomes a habit.
Our mental health bingo is entirely digital, which means as long as you have a local PDF editor, you can fill out the bingo boxes, and your client/s can tick the boxes on any mobile device they have. You can also use the Carepatron app to store the template.
Why use Carepatron as your Mental Health Bingo app?
Join the Carepatron community and access our free mental health bingo template and more resources for your practice. With our software, you can be more productive and efficient by:
Controlling your Schedule:
- Have your patients request appointments independently
- Integrate your work Google, iCal, and Outlook calendars with our calendar
- Send automated reminders to your clients via email and SMS to eliminate no-shows
Managing Clinical Documents:
- Access over 700 PDF templates, surveys, forms, resources, assessments, and more that you can use in your daily practice
- Scan or upload personal documents or other documents not found in our library
- Create treatment plans, write progress notes, and capture chart notes at the tip of your fingertips
- Share discharge notes with fellow practitioners
- Store your clients' medical history and intake documents in our HIPAA-compliant EHR.
Handling Online Therapy Payments
- Automate invoice creation
- Process payments in minutes
- Use automated reminders