Booking the old-fashioned way can be time-consuming for therapists and their clients. Not only is the patient unable to book during out-of-office hours, but if there’s a schedule change, therapists won’t be updated immediately. Aside from this issue, therapists face other challenges in booking the old-fashioned way, like receiving payments hours or days after the appointment and having to carry around a notebook filled with appointments.
Suppose you’re a therapist in the same situation dealing with the same issues. In that case, it’s time to look for and download a massage booking app that’ll give you the tools to accomplish all the abovementioned tasks more efficiently.
Don’t know where to find one or how to start? Look no further!
Our article has all the information you need, such as what you should look for in a massage booking app and a list of the 9 Best Massage Booking apps we found this year. Hopefully, the knowledge you gain from reading our article will help you find an app that’ll suit your needs.
What Should You Look for in Free Massage Booking App?
Has a Patient Portal
Ideally, a massage booking app has a patient portal to streamline the process of checking an opening in a therapist’s schedule, booking, and, if possible, paying for the session. Aside from allowing the patients to do the tasks mentioned independently, the massage booking app should also help clients access a history of the sessions they’ve attended and payments they’ve made whenever needed.
Both clients and therapists must be able to access the application on any gadget they have on hand, whether a desktop, laptop, or mobile device. It’s a plus if the app's user interface is at least similar, if not the same, across these gadgets.
In case a therapist has already made appointments on calendars outside the mobile booking app, to save time and effort on the therapist’s end, the software must be able to integrate the calendar. That way, the appointments they’ve made on their iCal, Outlook, or Google Calendar will reflect on the calendar on the app.
Having reminders are a massive help to both clients and therapists. It’ll reduce no-shows, and should there be a need to reschedule, both parties are informed immediately so they can adjust accordingly.
Though not a required feature in a massage booking app, in some instances, having teleconferencing capabilities attached to an appointment will reduce the hurdles the clients and therapists have to jump to contact each other in case of emergencies.
To keep the therapist and the clients accountable, a massage booking app should ideally have the option to pay right on the application. That way, therapists can expect the patient to show up, and the client’s sure that the therapist is paid for their service.
Since a massage booking app carries sensitive information, especially those that ask for payment details, it must be secure. It must be GDPR and HIPAA-compliant and have an encryption system set in place.
Sometimes the price of an application is the deal breaker. So, not only should the company who created the app be able to provide price options for clients with varying budgets, but they should also provide a list of the features included in each plan so therapists can choose whichever they feel they will get the most value for their money.
Now that you have information on what you should be looking for in a booking app for massage therapists, without further delay, here’s a list of the 9 Best Massage Booking Apps Available in 2023.
The 9 Best Massage Booking Apps Available in 2023
Carepatron is a practice management software that healthcare professionals, especially massage therapists, can utilize to manage their bookings, check their schedules, accept payments, and more. With Carepatron, therapists won’t worry about receiving calls and reminding patients of their appointments.
Carepatron’s Best Features
- Patients can book at their convenience
- Can accept payments when setting an appointment
- Can send automated reminders for appointments via SMS or e-mail
- Accessible via desktop and mobile devices
- Limited storage for the starter plan
- Can sync Google and Outlook calendars
- Not a standalone scheduling app
- $12/month/user (when billed annually)
- $19/month/user (when billed annually)
- Capterra: 4.5 stars (69 reviews)
- G2: No review available.
An “all-in-one business management solution,” Massagebook offers several features massage therapists will find helpful. Aside from allowing their patients to book online, Massagebook also enables therapists to create SOAP Notes, schedule, set appointment reminders, and more.
Massagebook’s Best Features
- Can review appointments
- Can create custom reminders and notes for clients
- Can notify clients of schedule changes
- Can collect payments and tips
- Can integrate Google Calendar
- Free plan only for a year
- Users express concerns with processing payments
- Free plan has 13 out of 28 features
- Transition: $0 (1st year, then $19.99/mo)
- Simplify: $37.99/month
- Amplify: $47.88
- Capterra: 4.7 stars (288 reviews)
- G2: 3.5 stars (11 reviews)
- Google Play Store: 3.6 stars (11 reviews)
Mindbody is a software solution designed specifically for practitioners within the fitness and wellness industry, like massage therapists. Aside from allowing your clients to book online, Mindbody empowers practitioners to handle tasks and processes like scheduling, paying, creating reports, and more.
Mindbody Business’ Best Features
- Can process payment
- Can allow clients to book by themselves
- Can collect and store paperless liability waivers
- Has a portal where clients can view relevant information, including purchases
Mindbody Business’ Limitations
- Can integrate iCal or Google Calendar
- Prices are not provided upfront
- No free plan
Mindbody Business’ Pricing
- Must request for a quote
Mindbody Business Reviews
- Google Play: 4.5 stars (3.11K reviews)
- Apple Store: 4.3 stars (21 ratings)
Fresha for Business
Formerly known as Shedul, Fresha for Business is a platform that enables massage therapists and other beauty and wellness professionals to schedule appointments, process payments, and gain insights from analytics and reports.
Fresha for Business’ Best Features
- Can see the bookings made on the Fresha app for potential clients
- Can attach book now buttons to social media pages
- Can create message templates
- Available for iOs and Android mobile devices
- Has no subscription fees
Fresha for Business’ Limitations
- Has an encrypted cloud database and uses SSL security
- Users express concerns with updates
- Users express concerns about contacting customer services
Fresha for Business Pricing
Fresha for Business Reviews
- Google Play Store: 4.7 stars (3.72K reviews)
- Apple Store: 4.1 stars (293 ratings)
SimplyBook.me Admin app is perfect for massage therapists and other professionals who want to add and edit bookings, be notified and reminded of upcoming appointments, accept online payments, and more.
SimplyBook.me’s Best Features
- Can accept and track payments
- Can add Google Meeting links to bookings
- Can send automated notifications when a booking is made, changed, or canceled
- Can send reminders via text and email
- Available for iOs and Android mobile devices
- Can sync Google and Outlook Calendar
- No client app is offered for the free plan
- HIPAA compliance availability only available for the standard plan
- Free: $0/month
- Basic: $8.25/month (billed annually)
- Standard: $24.9/month (billed annually)
- Premium: $49.9/month (billed annually)
- Premium Plus: $82.5/month (billed annually)
- G2:4.5 stars (101 reviews)
- Google Play store: 4.1 stars (257 votes)
- Apple Store: 3.6 stars (45 ratings)
An application for professionals in the beauty, wellness, and fitness industries, VagaroPro has over 10 features that won’t only allow practitioners to manage bookings but to schedule appointments, accept payments, create invoices, notify clients with reminders, and more.
Vagaro Pro’s Best Features
- Can send reminders to clients and staff
- Can integrate with social media platforms
- Has contactless payment methods
- Can sync on Google, App, and Outlook calendars
Vagaro Pro’s Limitations
- No free plan
- Payment acceptance is a paid add-on feature
- Users say that not all features are available on mobile devices
- Available only in certain regions
Vagaro Pro’s Pricing
- One location: $25/month (1 bookable calendar)
- Google Play Store: 4.3 stars (8,252 votes)
- Apple Store: 4.5 stars (7.2 Ratings)
Appointy is an appointment management software designed for professionals from multiple industries, including medicine. With Appointy, practitioners can accept appointments, automate reminders, integrate with social media for easy booking, accept prepayments to reduce no-shows, and more.
Appointy’s Best Features
- Can set a recurring booking
- Can send automated e-mail and SMS reminders to clients
- Can integrate with Facebook, Instagram, Google, and your business website
- Available in more than 20 languages
- Has a free plan
- Available on Android
- GDPR compliant
- Specific technology, security, and privacy policies are available to businesses and above memberships only
- Free: $0/month (1 staff. 5 services)
- Growth: $29.99/month (1 staff)
- Professional: $59.99/month (5 staff)
- Enterprise: $99.99/month (2 locations included)
- Google Play Store: 3.2 stars (114 votes)
- Apple Store: 2.1 stars (40 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6 stars (274 reviews)
- G2: 4.5 stars (21 reviews)
Bookedin Appointment Scheduler
Considered a “personal secretary at your fingertips,” in their words, Bookedin Appointment Scheduling is an application where you can effortlessly accomplish booking-related tasks with features like appointment schedulers, appointment booking, online payment capability, and more.
Bookedin’s Best Features
- Can add video conferencing to any appointment
- Can send automated reminders to clients via text and email
- Can collect payments online
- Integrates with multiple calendars
- Has a free plan
- Text reminders only available in USA & Canada
- Users express concerns with the lack of capability to modify text reminders
- Free plan only includes limited features and 5 appointments/month
- Free Plan
- Pro 1: $29/month (1 calendar included, all features)
- Pro 5: $49/month (5 calendars included, all features)
- Pro 10: $69/month (10 calendars included, all features)
- Pro Unlimited: $89/month (unlimited calendars, all features)
- Google Play Store: 4.2 stars (183 votes)
- Apple Store: 4.5 stars (417 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6 stars (255 reviews)
- G2: 4.5 stars (3 reviews)
Schedulista is a scheduling service where clients can book appointments, and professionals, like massage therapists, can accept payments, automate reminders, and more.
Schedulista’s Best Features
- Can allow clients to schedule appointments on their own
- Can remind clients of their appointments
- Can accept credit card payments
- Available in 6 languages
- Can sync with multiple calendars
- SMS appointment reminders are limited to certain countries
- No free plan
- Just You: $19/month
- 2-15 staff: $39/month
- Enterprise: Custom Pricing
- Capterra: 4.6 stars (33 reviews)
- G2: 4 stars (6 reviews)
- Google Play Store: 4.4 stars (633 votes)
- Apple Store: 4.8 stars (990 ratings)
Carepatron Massage Booking Software Helps Save You 1 Day in Admin Every Week
Still trying to decide which massage booking app you should download first? Allow us to convince you why Carepatron is the one you’re looking for and why it deserves to be on your device.
With Carepatron, you save as much as one day spent doing administrative tasks. That is because, on Carepatron, you’ll find most, if not all, features that should be found in massage booking apps and means and tools to do the following:
- Have patients book at their convenience and access payment and medical information anytime, anywhere
- Schedule appointments on behalf of a client on any mobile device you have on hand
- Remind patients of their appointment to reduce no-shows
- Integrate your Google and Outlook calendars
- Conduct telehealth sessions during the time of the appointment
- Manage your schedule and other essential documents you may need during the appointment.
- Accept online or mobile payments through the software
You can access these and more for free on our HIPAA-compliant, secure EHR software.
Don’t miss out on the chance to make the transition from pen and paper to a mobile device smooth and easy by signing up at Carepatron today!