What ICD-10 Codes Are Used for Class 2 Obesity?
Class 2 Obesity is a body mass index (BMI) of 35 to 39.9. It is a severe form of obesity that poses significant health risks. Here are the commonly used Class 2 Obesity ICD codes:
- E66.01: Morbid (severe) obesity due to excess calories
- E66.2: Morbid (severe) obesity with alveolar hypoventilation
- E66.8: Other obesity
- E66.9: Obesity, unspecified
Which Class 2 Obesity ICD Codes Are Billable?
Determining which Class 2 Obesity ICD codes are billable is essential for healthcare providers. Here's an overview:
- E66.01: Yes. This code is used for morbid obesity due to excess calories, which includes Class 2 Obesity.
- E66.2: Yes. This code is used for morbid obesity with alveolar hypoventilation, which can occur in Class 2 Obesity.
- E66.8: Yes. This code is used for other types of obesity, including Class 2.
- E66.9: Yes. This code is used for unspecified obesity, including Class 2 Obesity.
Class 2 Obesity can have a significant impact on health and well-being. Here's what you need to know:
- Symptoms may include fatigue, shortness of breath, and joint pain.
- Genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors can cause the condition.
- Diagnosis involves calculating BMI and may consist of other tests like blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and glucose tests.
- Treatment options include lifestyle changes, medications, and, in severe cases, bariatric surgery.
- Early diagnosis and treatment are crucial to prevent complications like diabetes, heart disease, and sleep apnea.
- Severe obesity
- High BMI obesity
- Obesity Class II
- Morbid obesity
- Extreme obesity