It’s no surprise if there are practitioners in clinics and hospitals who prefer the old-fashioned way if their processes are streamlined, and their tools and resources are within walking distance. However, practitioners not situated in their respective facilities and must deliver home service may find following the old-fashioned way challenging. This is especially true for home care nurses.
Suppose you’re a home care nurse practitioner and you find the process of documenting, booking, scheduling, verifying visits, and other administrative tasks tedious outside the facility taxing. In that case, we’re here to let you know there’s an easier way to accomplish your tasks. And that’s with the help of home nurse apps.
First time searching for and downloading a home nurse app on your phone? Allow us to help equip you with one.
Below is information on what you should look for in a home nurse app and a list of the 7 best home care apps for nurses available in 2023. Hopefully, they help narrow down your options.
What Should You Look for in Free Home Nurse App?
A patient portal benefits a nurse who must be on the go the most. Not only does it make the following features mentioned in this list easier to do, but with all the needed information available and organized on a handheld device, nurses can easily find their patient’s location and go there without fuss.
Scheduling, Booking, and Verification
Since a patient won’t be able to go to the hospital or clinic for their check-up, it’s essential that the patient can schedule and book at their convenience and that the nurse in charge is informed of the days they have to go to the patient’s home. And so that accountability won’t be a problem, it’d be a massive weight off the nurse’s shoulders if the app can verify that a nurse visited the patient, whether manually clocking in and out or via geofencing.
If the patient’s documents are kept at the facility, it’ll take much time and effort for the nurse to keep finding their records and going back and forth to obtain a copy if they have several patients scheduled daily. To avoid this, it’d be great if the app could store important documents a nurse may need. Furthermore, to ensure that all documents are consolidated in one place, it’s best if the application also has features like updating medical records and creating progress notes.
Accessibility is a crucial feature. An application must be available on all types of mobile devices so it won’t be an effort for the nurse to carry and access all the medical documents needed during their session. It’s a plus if an application still works in offline mode.
Being able to pay and receive payments will streamline the process to ensure that the patient has paid and the nurse has received compensation for their hard work.
Let’s say the software has all of the features mentioned above. Then, the application is required to be secure. At the very least, they must be GDPR and HIPAA-compliant, have an encryption system, and give nurses the capability to limit viewing access of patient records to relevant parties only.
Value for Money
Whether on a free plan or paying for a premium version, it’s best to explore the app first to see if it has good value for money and phone storage. To check this out, don’t hesitate to request a demo or, better yet, a free trial before you ask your staff to use the app.
Now that you have information on what you should look for in apps for home nurses, without further ado, here’s a list of the 7 Best Home Nurse Apps in 2023.
The 7 Best Home Nurse Apps Available in 2023
Carepatron is a HIPAA-compliant, all-in-one practice management software designed for various healthcare professionals, including home nurses. Available as an app on iOs and Android mobile devices, Carepatron offers features that streamline processes such as scheduling, documenting, paying, and more.
Carepatron’s Best Features
- Has a patient portal
- Allows patients to book independently
- Has automated reminders for appointments, invoices, and payments
- Can create notes and store documents in the secure EHR
- Has a free plan
- Limited data storage for the starter plan
- Can sync Google and Outlook calendars
- No geofencing feature
- $12/month/user (when billed annually)
- $19/month/user (when billed annually)
- Capterra: 4.5 stars (69 reviews)
- G2: No review available.
AlayaCare is a cloud-based home care software one can download on mobile devices. With AlayaCare, home care nurses can document, access client portals, monitor patients remotely, schedule, track their time, and more.
AlayaCare’s Best Features
- Can view the patient’s care plan
- Review and record vitals, medication, forms, progress notes, etc.
- Available in English, French, and Spanish
- Has offline mode
- Considered as a Business Associate under HIPAA
- Certain features are only available on the web app
- Care providers can only view their own scheduled appointments
- No free version and free trial
- Must request a quote
- Capterra: 3.9 stars (106 reviews)
- G2: 4.5 stars (23 reviews)
- Google Play Store: 3 stars (625 reviews)
- Apple Store: 2.7 stars (153 ratings)
Axxess Home Care empowers home care nurses in the field to quickly go to clients’ homes with the help of directions available on the app; verify their visits; view their schedule, tasks, and clients' profiles; and more at the tip of their fingers.
Axxess’ Best Features
- Can record vital signs, write notes, and document
- Can schedule and clock in and out to verify shifts
- Has GPS mapping with turn-by-turn directions
- Has offline mode
- Users express concerns with clocking in and out
- Users express concerns about logging in
- Users express concerns about contacting customer service
- Must contact Axxess Homecare for pricing
- Capterra: 3.5 stars (34 reviews)
- G2: 2.5 stars (2 reviews)
- Google Play store: 4.2 stars (345 reviews)
- Apple Store: 3.1 stars (77 ratings)
AxisCare is an “all-in-one software solution for single and multi-location home care agencies” because home care nurses can benefit from features that can streamline processes and tasks like scheduling, patient management, visit verification, payment, documentation, reporting, etc.
AxisCare’s Best Features
- Has Electronic Visit Verification (EVV)
- Can create and record notes, expenses, reports, etc.
- Can schedule and clock in/out
- Can process payments
- No free version
- Users express concerns about needing to open the app or uninstalling it when it needs to be updated
- Users express concerns about opening or using the app after updates
- Must ask AxisCare for pricing
- Capterra: 4.6 stars (662 reviews)
- G2: 4.5 stars (132 reviews)
- Google Play Store: 4.7 stars (3.61K reviews)
- Apple Store: 5 stars (1 rating)
WellSky Home Health
A software designed specifically for home health clinicians, WellSky Home Health’s application isn’t only accessible offline but also has more than a handful of helpful features like viewing daily schedules, creating clinical notes, and documenting results.
WellSky Home Health’s Best Features
- Has calendar management
- Has claims management
- Can automate accounting, dashboard, and daily reports
- Accessible offline
WellSky Home Health’s Limitations
- Services mostly agencies across America
- Users express poor value for money
WellSky Home Health’s Pricing
- Must contact Well Sky for a quote
WellSky Home Health’s Reviews
- Capterra: 3.4 stars (80 reviews)
- G2: 3.5 stars (27 reviews)
- Google Play Store: 2.9 stars (42 reviews)
- Apple Store: 3.1 stars (8 ratings)
eRSP is a home care software available on any mobile device home nurses have on hand. On eRSP, home care nurses can access, manage, and contact their clients; schedule appointments; view assignments; create notes; clock in and out via GPS distance; and even receive alerts for any changes or emergencies.
eRSP’s Best Features
- Can clock in and out with GPS distance etc.,
- Can view and edit assignments, notes, activities, and attachments
- Can schedule effortlessly
- Has a client management module
- No desktop application
- Information on the app isn’t easy to find
- No prices are provided upfront
- Must ask eRSP for pricing
- Capterra: 3.8 stars (13 reviews)
- G2: 4 stars (9 reviews)
- Google Play Store: 3.9 stars (602 votes)
- Apple Store: 2.8 stars (77 ratings)
A cloud-based home care management software, Rosemark enables businesses to set up work schedules effectively, communicate with their clients, monitor staff members via GPS, log in/out timings, and even handle billing and payroll.
Rosemark’s Best Features
- Can clock in and out with verification via GPS
- Can view client information related to scheduled shifts
- Can fill out client’s care plan checklist
- Available on Android and iOs
- No free plan
- No free trial
- Limited storage for the standard plan
- Standard: $12/client/month ($100 monthly usage minimum and $250 initial setup fee)
- Enterprise: $15/client/month ($100 monthly usage minimum and $500 initial setup fee)
- Capterra: 4.7 stars (92 reviews)
- G2: 5 stars (3 reviews)
- Google Play Store: 3.9 stars (133 reviews)
- Apple Store: 3.3 stars (24 ratings)
Carepatron Home Nurse App Helps Save You 1 Day in Admin Every Week
Still can’t decide which home nurse app to try? Then, may we suggest that you check out Carepatron first?
Carepatron’s features for home care nurses can help save you 1 day in admin every week because, on our app, you and your patients can do the following:
- Schedule online
- Book at one’s convenience
- Give relevant parties, including yourself and your patient, access to your patient’s medical records
- Be informed of any change in appointment date or time
- Store documents and create progress notes
- Accept payments online
All these features and services are available on our secure, HIPAA-compliant EHR for free and at a reasonable price! Equip yourself with the means and tools to efficiently accomplish tasks on the go by signing up on Carepatron today!