What ICD-10 Codes are Used for Adnexal Cyst
The ICD code for adnexal cyst that practitioners often check to be used for coding, billing, and documentation are:
- N83.291: Other ovarian cyst, right side
- N83.292: Other ovarian cyst, left side
- N83.299: Other ovarian cyst, unspecified side
Other possible codes practitioners may want to check that are related to the adnexal cyst diagnosis are the following:
- C56.1: Malignant neoplasm of right ovary
- C56.2: Malignant neoplasm of left ovary
- C56.3: Malignant neoplasm of bilateral ovaries
- C56.9: Malignant neoplasm of unspecified ovary
- C57.4: Malignant neoplasm of uterine adnexa, unspecified
- N85.8: Other specified non-inflammatory disorders of uterus
Which Adnexal Cyst ICD codes are Billable:
All of the ICD-10 codes for adnexal cysts mentioned above are billable.
- Adnexal cysts are fluid-filled sacs in the adnexa, which are the fallopian tubes and ovaries.
- Common causes of adnexal cysts are ovarian cysts, hormones, bleeding during ovulation, cancer, and ectopic pregnancies.
- Usually, adnexal cysts are symptom-free, but if they do cause symptoms, some common ones are fullness, bloating, pain, bleeding at the site of the mass, difficult and frequent urination, and irregular periods.
- A pelvic ultrasound and exam is usually done to diagnose adnexal cysts. However, there are circumstances when the practitioner may require the patient to undergo further imaging and lab tests.
- Treatment, which is mainly surgery, is primarily required in severe cases.
- Benign cyst of ovary
- Complex ovarian cyst
- Cyst of uterine adnexa
- Polycystic mass of uterine adnexa
- Complex cyst of uterine adnexa