SonderMind is a valuable mental health software provider service that enables you to deliver high-quality therapy solutions to your patients. Regardless of whether your business is in-person or online, you can more effectively connect with the right patients, and ensure a steady flow of clients through your doors.
However, it’s important to note that there are many pitfalls to using SonderMind’s services. While it’s a credible line of care, there are many alternatives that can not only enable you to conduct great therapy but also elevate your management systems and overall workflow. To help guide you on your healthcare journey, we’ve created a list of some of the best alternatives that can boost the standing of your therapy services.
What should you be looking for in a practice management system?
It can be hard to know what to look for, and we acknowledge that at times this can feel overwhelming. After all, there are so many types of applications out there, with technology quickly on the rise. But integrating these top tips is sure to set you on the right track.
- Scalability: Your practice is likely to endure variations in growth, so the platform that you choose should be able to adapt to the change in patient numbers without compromising on quality.
- Variety - It’s important that your software incorporates a number of different mental health features, such as video consultations, clinical documentation storage, as well as payment and appointment scheduling details. This enables you to increase efficiency across all processes, and not just interactions with clients.
- Compatibility: Ensure that your chosen platform is compatible with mobile, PC, laptop, and tablet devices. This guarantees that you can implement telehealth from any location and that there are no physical limitations. The more flexibility, the better!
- HIPAA Compliance: It is critical that the platform you employ adheres to HIPAA regulations. You can avoid hefty fines, and protect all data from potential security breaches and hacks.
- Automation: With automation, you can boost productivity and accuracy, and produce higher-quality healthcare outcomes. You can also save time, money, and energy - what’s not to like?
- Positive feedback: Going through the reviews is a simple way to determine whether you’re on the right track when selecting a therapy platform. Read what other healthcare professionals are saying about the service to get the best gauge of their credibility.
Introduction to SonderMind
SonderMind is a platform that connects patients to licensed mental health therapists across the United States. It makes for an easy way to strengthen and build relationships with the right clients and uses evidence-based approaches to provide you with the best support. If you have a valid license, in addition to a master’s level degree or higher in psychology/mental health, then you’re eligible to join their professional network.
There are various benefits to using SonderMind, including the following:
- HIPAA Compliance - With SonderMind, you can ensure all client information is protected, with there being various protocols and regulations in place to monitor your data safely.
- Ongoing support - SonderMind provides a resource library for you to access and integrate within your practices, which works to both improve your sessions and aid in delivering high clinical outcomes.
- Flexibility - Choose whether you want to offer in-person or virtual sessions without making any sacrifices. You can change between both, and adapt to whatever your circumstances may be.
- Build a community - SonderMind provides practitioners with access to a variety of well-known professionals, who can help with problems that may be encountered. Develop your skills and learn from others with years of experience under their belts.
- Credentials - Get credentialed with major payors such as Medicare and Medicare Advantage.
However, while there are certainly benefits to SonderMind, there are some drawbacks that you should keep in mind. These include the following:
Many reviewers have reported that there are difficulties concerning billing and insurance, which is definitely a red flag. These are complicated enough as it is, and the last thing you want is delayed reimbursements!
Lack of transparency
While SonderMind does emphasize hiring licensed professionals, they lack transparency when it comes to displaying your credentials to clients.
Pricing is a little obscure with SonderMind. While the software is free to use, the therapist rate depends on a case-by-case basis. To learn more, you will need to get in contact with their service.
5 Best alternatives to SonderMind
Carepatron is one of the best practice management systems out there to elevate the quality of care within your practice and foster strong relationships with your clients. With a network of 10,000+ strong, you can have confidence in the reliability and credibility of our services.
With round-the-clock support, you will have access to the following sophisticated tools:
- Mobile health
- Medical coding
- Video consultation
- Messaging channels
- Mobile health
- Patient Portal
- Voice-to-text transcription
- Clinical documentation and storage
- Patient portal
- Intuitive design
- Resource library
Experience the best of what practice management software has to offer, and reap Carepatron’s benefits through mobile, PC, laptop, and tablet devices!
No-shows are expensive, time-consuming, and just downright frustrating to deal with. Using Carepatron’s automated appointment reminder system, you can reduce no-shows by up to 99%!
With an official HIPAA certification, Carepatron implements bank-level encryption across all operations to ensure that personal medical records are well protected. You can avoid security breaches, and rest easy knowing your information is in good hands.
Carepatron implements voice-to-text transcription software across clinical note services, meaning you can significantly cut down on the amount of time spent creating clinical documents. All you have to do is speak, and the software notes down every word you say, right down to the ums and uhs!
- Starter: Free Plan
- Professional: $12 per user/month
- Organization: $19 per user/month
What are you waiting for? Get started with Carepatron now!
Simple Practice has revolutionized how technology is applied in the healthcare sector and works towards boosting productivity and, as the name suggests, simplicity. Simple Practice assists healthcare organizations in enhancing their workflow, patient connections, communication, and productivity using a variety of robust solutions. You can make the most of the platform by accessing and implementing the following:
- Appointment scheduling and reminders
- Clinical documentation management and storage
- Online payments and billing
- Mobile health solutions
- Patient portal
Simple Practice prides itself on its advanced security measures and ensures that all your data is private and safe from harm. Working with any technological platform carries this risk, and Simple Practice manages it well.
With a customizable interface that can adapt to your needs and preferences, Simple Practice is easy to use, allowing you to build a platform that meets your business goals. You can grow and change without sacrificing quality.
Based on market research, Simple Practice's customer service isn’t quite all there, which can make it very challenging for consumers to contact the platform when problems occur - and inevitably, they will!
No therapy specialty
Simple Practice doesn’t specifically cater to the needs of therapy platforms, meaning that if you’re looking for highly specialized software, this is not the place for you!
Simple Practice has three pricing tiers:
- Starter: $29/month
- Essential: $69/month
- Plus: $99/month
Quenza is another great practice management platform for healthcare practitioners that allows you to enhance the quality of your workflow and organize your client information in an efficient manner. You can significantly increase the level of engagement with your patients through the following features and tools:
- Mobile health
- Automated reminders
- Personal portfolio
- Client notes
- Communication channels
- Clinical document storage
Quenza prioritizes a unique way of collating health progress plans, integrating micro-learning, and other activity exercises. You can visualize ideas, note down thoughts, and see active relationship growth.
Quenza is super accessible, with the platform available in 16 languages! Break down those language barriers and offer worldwide support, with this global strategy enabling a more diverse and broader clientele.
Unfortunately, Quenza functions best as a complementary app, meaning that it cannot replace one-on-one sessions with clients. This means you’ll have to fork out extra costs and time in assessing other options, which can be frustrating to deal with.
Quenza offers three pricing tiers:
- Lite at $49 per month
- Standard at $89 per month
- Unlimited at $149 per month
All features can also be accessed for 1 month for $1.
ICANotes contains powerful capabilities made to automate numerous operations in the healthcare industry. As a HIPAA-complaint system, ICANotes is always searching for ways to enhance its software so that users feel comfortable and confident in utilizing its services. With Simple Practice, the following practice management capabilities are available:
- Billing and payments
- Patient portal
- Automated coding
- Appointment scheduling and reminders
- Charting and visualization tools
Using ICANotes’s templates, you can make sure you’re on the right track, and that you’re representing the entirety of client information. You can note down all critical details without leaving anything behind, and work towards effective documentation with the right support.
You can smoothen all prescription service operations, and make sure that you are issuing the correct medication, and following standard healthcare practices and regulations. This is a unique tool that’s highly malleable to practitioner needs.
Most of ICANotes valuable features incorporate add-ons - which normally isn’t an issue, however, all of them come with a price. This means that the pricing of the software doesn’t account for the add-ons needed, which gives you less flexibility and disposable income to work with. Some of these include appointment reminders and credit card processing.
Specific to behavioral health
ICANotes is designed for behavioral health professionals, meaning that if you do not fall within this specialty, you may have to do some extra work to achieve the same high-quality results. ICANotes isn’t particularly general and caters very much to one area of health.
- Full-time prescribing clinician: $155.30/month
- Part-time prescribing clinician:$105.30/month
- Full-time non-prescribing clinician: $75.30/month
- Part-time non-prescribing clinician: $46.30/month
- First non-clinical user: $6.30/month
- Additional non-clinical user: $45.30/month
Vcita is a solid choice for practice management and encompasses a variety of tools at your disposal to put you on the path to success. Vcita incorporates various healthcare functions to streamline and optimize your workflow, with the following tools included in their service:
- Online payments
- Appointment scheduling
- Email and SMS marketing
- Client portal
Vcita presents many customizable features, which are great to build your brand, and ensure that all features accommodate your unique business needs. You can accomplish your business goals, adapt them however you wish and know that the platform is there to support you.
Access vcita from your very own pocket, with the application working across several devices. You can utilize your phone, laptop, and tablet, without having to worry about running back to your desktop anytime soon.
Lack of live support
Healthcare can be tricky, especially if you’re just starting out integrating technology into your workforce. Unfortunately, according to user reports, this is where vcita falls short. With a lack of 24/7 support, you may have to wait a bit for your inquiries to be answered, which can be tricky to deal with.
If you’re hoping to conduct telehealth services with vcita, you may be out of luck. Vcita doesn’t incorporate video consultations, which is a huge aspect of therapy services. You will have to look into an alternate service, which can be time-consuming, and another dent in the bank.
Vcita’s pricing plans are at three different tiers.
- Essentials plan is $19 per month
- Business is $45 per month
- Platinum is $75 per month
There are many different platforms available to assist in improving the quality of your clinic, and we hope that this guide has opened your mind to what they are. Incorporating tools of this level can result in more income to help your firm expand, and can also help foster more meaningful professional connections. SonderMind provides numerous advantages, however, there are some evident flaws to its service that may lead you astray - and we suggest you think twice before committing.
Selecting the best practice management system and telehealth can be tough for the therapy industry, especially given the number of things to consider. Every practice runs its business differently, and according to its own unique needs and set of resources. However, we hope that this guide has provided you with some useful tips to set you on the right track when it comes to selecting the best platform.
- Best Power Diary alternatives (features and pricing)
- Best Cliniko alternatives (features and pricing)
- Best Theranest alternatives (features and pricing)
- Best Counsol alternatives (features and pricing)
- Best Therapy Notes alternatives (features and pricing)
- Best Nookal alternatives (features and pricing)
- Best My Clients Plus alternatives (features and pricing)