Carepatron and TheraNest are practice management solutions designed specifically for mental health practitioners like psychologists, social workers, counselors, and therapists. They are both HIPAA compliant and offer a paperless solution to improve efficiency and efficacy to a mental health practitioner's workflow. So when making the switch or adopting a healthcare management software which one do you choose?
As a mental health practitioner I feel obliged to provide full disclosure and tell you that I use Carepatron in my practice. So by proxy, this article isn't objective (but isn't objectivity always relative anyway?).
As a mental health practitioner, I have experienced what it's like to be so busy you don't know which way is up. I spent years managing my workflow on paper using google/ical for all my appointments. I didn't even realize that such a thing as scheduling software existed (for many years, it probably didn't!). The tipping point for me was when I realized that my wellness was taking a hit because I refused to take that leap to digitize my practice. On my hunt for an EHR (electronic health record), I realized a few features that I would require to make a product worth the switch.
- Appointment scheduling
- Billing and invoicing
- Online payments
- Documentation and notes
- Client portal
- Voice transcription
- Good service
Sounds unrealistc, right? I wanted an all-in-one platform that didn't make me question my intellectual acuity or mental health. Initially, I thought that I wouldn't be able to find a product that could satisfy my laundry list of requirements. I did trials at Simplepractice, TheraNest, Shrinkrapt, Wecounsel, Therapynotes, and Cliniko. I read about all the other apps available on Capterra and carefully considered all the reviews. Going paperless was a huge step for me, and I can imagine it has been for you too.
Making the right decision will impact your day-to-day life and your practice's potential success, so choose wisely! There are plenty of articles like this comparing different software platforms. I would recommend you do your research, think carefully about what your practices' requirements are as these will provide you with a more transparent outline of what you're looking for in software and what the things are that are your needs, and what are your wants.
Some questions you might ask yourself are
- How many clients do we have on our caseload?
- How many staff are in my practice?
- Do I use Mac or PC, iPhone or Android?
- What is my budget?
- Do I need tailored medical information?
- What plug-ins, if any, might I need to integrate into my workflow?
- Will I be engaging in e-prescribing?
So, what are the benefits of selecting Carepatron as a software management platform?
It's simple - Transparent, cost-effective pricing!
TheraNest's pricing plan is based on the number of clients on your caseload:
- $38 monthly for under 30 clients
- $58 monthly for under 50 clients
- $108 monthly for under 100 clients
In addition to this, TheraNest's additional features come at an added cost:
- Wiley Planners for $25 per month for each practitioner
- Client portal for $6 per month for each practitioner
- Telehealth for $10 per month for each practitioner
- Electronic claims: $0.23 each
- Text reminders are $0.02, and voice reminders are $0.05
- Credit card processing: 2.85% + 27¢ per transaction
Alternatively, Carepatron offers only two pricing options:
Free - Good for individuals or small teams just starting. With the option to upgrade at any time.
- 1GB storage
- Unlimited client & staff
- Unlimited appointments
- Unlimited 1-on-1 video calling
- Free appointment reminders
Professional ($12 per practitioner, per month) - For those looking to boost productivity and grow their practice.
- All carepatron features
- Unlimited storage
- Unlimited group video calls
- Concierge customer support
- 99.99% guaranteed uptime
With Carepatron, you don't have to worry about paying for confusing add-ons such as SMS or messaging or getting a nasty surprise when your caseload increases. We offer a free version for those who are considering switching over from an alternative emr/ehr or are new to the concept of e-commerce.
A company dedicated to your success
Nearly all companies (TheraNest included) have customer service departments. At Carepatron, we are different; customer service is at the core of Carepatron. We have designed our software with you in mind and are always ready and willing to provide our concierge customer service.
Our award-winning customer success team is here to help you anytime. 99.99% guaranteed uptime.
- Live chat with our team
- Unlimited email support
- Access our comprehensive support center
- One-on-one video sessions or phone support with specialists
- Join our global community of practitioners
A Beautiful Experience
We support you to spend more time on what's essential, not learning how to use our software. Carepatron is the polar opposite of PQRS and ERA/EOB. It's beautiful to use and doesn't require a bachelor's degree to understand. Our intuitive software is a pleasure to use and navigate around for clients and practitioners alike, meaning you won't have to worry about training and be able to spend more time with your clients. Less time capturing your notes and documentation due to these fantastic capabilities:
- Autosave - Never lose any work again. We automatically save all of your notes as you create them.
- AI voice transcription - We know it's often faster to type with your voice. Generate rich text with our powerful record tool.
- Seamless flow - Capture information in our powerful modal while you navigate the platform to get the details you need.
- Collaborate with your clients - Share selected notes tailored to medical information and documentation within the secure platform.
Carepatron is highly secure and reliable, with expert support 24/7 available to every practitioner. Ensuring they can support each client and run their practice in a HIPPA and ONC compliant way. Practitioners can fast check and manage client details, notes and documents and more, on one all-in-one software.
Please go on, give it a try! I did, and I love it.
Join Carepatron for free today to experience the ultimate practice management tool and…