What ICD-10 Codes Are Used for CHRPE?
CHRPE is a benign retinal lesion. Here are the commonly used CHRPE ICD codes:
- H35.89: Other specified retinal disorders (can include CHRPE)
Which CHRPE ICD Codes Are Billable?
Determining which CHRPE ICD codes are billable is essential for healthcare providers. Here's an overview:
- H35.89: Yes. This code can be used for other specified retinal disorders encompassing CHRPE.
CHRPE is a benign condition but has specific clinical characteristics. Here's what you need to know:
- CHRPE appears as a dark, flat spot on the retina and is usually round or oval.
- It is congenital, meaning it's present at birth.
- CHRPE is non-progressive and typically doesn't affect vision.
- Diagnosis is primarily through a dilated eye exam.
- No treatment is usually necessary for CHRPE, but regular eye exams are recommended to monitor for any changes.
- Retinal pigment epithelial hypertrophy
- RPE hypertrophy
- Benign retinal lesion