Looking for the best Power Diary alternatives?
Power Diary is an established practice management and EHR platform that lets you manage health records, scheduling, and billing in one system.
Whether it's the weekly subscription plan or the outdated interface, that's okay. Not every tool is right for you.
Just like coffee isn't everybody's cup of tea. 😜
- What is Power Diary?
- The 5 Best Power Diary Alternatives
- Simple Practice
What Is Power Diary?
Power Diary is a web-based practice management system for healthcare and medical teams.
With Power Diary, you can:
- Appointment Scheduling and calendar management
- SMS appointment reminders
- Health records
- Clinical note-taking and Document Management
- Invoicing and payments
- Customizable Templates, i.e., Intake forms
- And much more
- 1 Practitioner $10/week = $40 Monthly
- 2-3 Practitioners $16/week = $64 Monthly
- 4-9 Practitioners $26/week = $120 Monthly
- 10-20 Practitioners $42/week = $168 Monthly
This makes Power Diary a great alternative to using email, word docs, and video conferencing apps.
Okay, now let's try taking off those rose-tinted glasses 😍 and take a clear look at this tool.
Although Power Diary is supposed to be your go-to solution for practice management, it's far from it.
- The Power Diary user interface isn't very intuitive, so you'll probably have a hard time navigating and finding the information you need.
- Its weekly subscription makes it challenging to compare subscription costs with other PMS options
- Its 14-day trial gives you minimal time to explore and test before you are asked to buy
In this article, we'll cover the top five alternatives for Power Diary and their key features, pros, cons, and pricing.
The 5 Best Power Diary Alternatives
Sure, Power Diary may not be as great an EHR as you’d hoped.
But that’s alright because there are tons of great EHR and practice management solution alternatives instead!
Here are some of the best alternatives to Power Diary:
Let’s explore their key features, pros, cons, and pricing:
Designed with the modern practice in mind, Carepatron is a workspace software that enables Doctors, Psychologists, Physiotherapists, Nurses, Counselors, and any other allied health or mental health worker to live their best work life. It works on any device, anywhere. Including android apps and IOS apps and helps with scheduling client appointments, managing health records, automating billing and payments, and improving patient care worldwide.
Carepatron key features
Here are just a couple of the many reasons why Carepatron is the best power diary alternative:
1. Appointment Scheduling
Many practice management platforms have basic scheduling tools. Carepatron offers more than that, a complete end-to-end workflow tool, which utilizes cutting-edge technology to automate and optimize what practitioners do, and how they do it.
Here are some of Carepatron's powerful workflow tools:
- Client appointment organizer
- The ability to share and manage tasks
- Auto Reminders
- Team Meeting Capabilities
2. Telehealth for free!
Carepatron's telehealth tool will enable you to meet with your clients, team, or groups for free.
Additionally, their video calling quality is superior to others on the market, so you won't have to experience glitches with clients.
3. Voice-to-text transcription
Carepatron is integrated with voice to text transcription, software that will save you bucket loads of time and energy. No longer will you be delayed by how fast your hands can move - who doesn’t want to type as fast as they can talk? 🎙
4. Client relationships
Managing Client relationships can be difficult, but with Carepatron, you can directly contact, manage and allocate within their profile. Making everything easier for you and them!
5. HIPAA compliant
Privacy and confidentiality aren't the sexiest part of software selection, but when it comes to selecting a software management platform for your practice, it's definitely the most important. Carepatron is HIPAA certified, so unlike other software platforms, you can be sure that they'll keep you and your client's details safe.
Go ahead, sign up for free with Carepatron. 🎉
Here are some other excellent Carepatron capabilities: ✔️
- Fully functional free version available
- Unlimited 24/7 support
- Customizable templates
- Email reminders to reduce no shows
- Intuitive, user-friendly interface
- AI-powered voice-to-text transcription
- Note and clinical report software
- Client relationship capability
- Stripe payment and online credit card processing
- Amazing treatment notes
Carepatron has a robust free plan for unlimited users with paid versions at just $12 per user/month.
Nookal is a practice management software designed for allied health clinicians to help practitioners and therapists increase revenue. It enables automation of payments and bookings, reminder messages, staff scheduling, and invoicing.
As you know, privacy and confidentiality are paramount in the healthcare sector. Nookal hasn't bothered to comply with the HIPAA regulations... which should concern you.
They are expensive
For a platform that charges $55 per month, you'll get limited support and integration with external providers such as Mailchimp and Xero. That's not great for a mental health workflow.
Nookal saas pricing starts at $55 per month. That's a lot for someone who isn't HIPAA compliant...
SimplePractice is a well-known medical practice management platform that claims to have a broad range of tools to help streamline business management. Including online bookings, medical billing, and referrals. We don't think it lives up to the hype, here's why:
Social media and online review platforms don't reveal anything good for SimplePractice; they're hard to get ahold of and lack the sense of urgency you'd hope to find in any healthcare CRM.
Progress Note Capabilities...
For a platform as well established as SimplePractice, you'd hope they'd offer less limited progress notes and psychotherapy note functionality. Other platforms, such as Carepatron, are far more advanced when it comes to this.
SimplePractice has a choice of three plans, both on a monthly payment plan (listed below). The telehealth video functionality is also an additional $10 per month per practitioner.
- Starter $29/mo
- Essential $69/mo
- Plus $99/Mo
Cliniko gives healthcare workers an online practice tool to manage their daily tasks and client records.
Here are Cliniko's cons:
For most healthcare practitioners, pricing is a significant factor in decision-making when it comes to software. Cliniko pricing, while simple, is expensive. Single practitioners will be looking at $49 per month.
Missing Patient Portal
Patient portals are an excellent tool for practitioners; intake forms, messaging, appointment reminders, contact details, and online payments, just to name a few. Any good practice management software should possess this tool. Cliniko doesn't; chose one that does.
A Mobile App?
Being mobile in 2021 is imperative to your practice's functionality. You need to be able to access your practice management system from anywhere at any time. Whether it's from Android, iPhone, or iPad, you need to provide a user-friendly service for your patients. Cliniko doesn't have a Mobile App, and we think that's just not good enough these days.
Halaxy is a health platform built for both practitioners and patients
- A basic free version with limited capabilities
- Basic charting
- Not much else…
- Here's why we don't want to recommend Halaxy... their privacy statement and T&C's. There has been a lot of conversation within the healthcare community about how they own and potentially onsell the client data stored on their platform. We won't rehash here, but be cautious, do your research.
- Costs are tough to understand 🤦♀️
- The design is confusing!
- They don't support immersive patient care experiences.
- Payments are limited to Euro and AUD 🤷♂️
We can't figure it out, so how can you expect to! Some things are free, others cost. There are far too many hidden costs to list. Just don't go with them. You can thank us later!
Time to get a beautiful platform ✅
Carepatron is at the top of the list for us and should be for you, but the best thing you can do is look at these websites, try them for a day, and see which one is most suited to your practice. Just be sure to keep compliance at the forefront of your decision-making!
Get Carepatron for free today so you can feel like this about your practice management software.
Interested in learning more? Here are some other comparisons for you:
- Top 10 Alternatives to Simple Practice in 2022
- Best Cliniko Alternatives (Features and Pricing)
- Best Theranest Alternatives (Features and Pricing)
- Best Counsol Alternatives (Features and Pricing)
- Best TherapyNotes Alternatives (Features and Pricing)
- Best Nookal Alternatives (Features and Pricing)
- Best My Clients Plus Alternatives (Features and Pricing)
- Best Halaxy Alternatives (Features and Pricing)