Understanding the concept of mobile health
Mobile health is revolutionizing the way healthcare solutions are delivered to patients, as they allow for clients to receive treatment from anywhere in the world, even from the comfort of their own pocket. Especially with mobile health applications that supply patient portals, patients can now have a larger managerial role when it comes to their healthcare, including booking appointments and making payments from their phone. Clients can easily communicate with the necessary healthcare practitioners and specialists, as well as have full access to view their medical and personal information at any time. For practitioners, mobile health is a great way to speed up business processes, and create a streamlined workflow approach that prioritizes client needs, and elevates their quality of care. Not incorporating mobile health is a great disservice to your business, and can also incur large expenses. Mobile health is the stepping stone towards success for your practice, and works towards boosting the standard and responsibility of care within your business.
Benefits of a mobile health company
Mobile health companies have a prominent foot above the competition, with the ability to be able to deliver high-quality healthcare solutions that prioritize client needs, and fulfill a streamlined business approach. Advantages to mobile health include:
- Cost-efficiency - Mobile health can eliminate overhead and staff costs, with its virtual meetings dismissing the need for in-person facilities. This can greatly reduce costs for your practice, and ensure that your funds are allocated towards the development and upgrading of the necessary equipment to elevate the quality of your practice.
- More convenient - Mobile health is super convenient, with patients being able to book appointments, view medical history, and consult with practitioners, all from their pocket. Healthcare professionals can also view medical data within one place, and easily manage finances from their phones!
- High engagement - Mobile health allows for patients to have a larger managerial role in their health, which can help build and strengthen practitioner and patient relationships.
Checklist for running a mobile health company
For a successful healthcare practice, there are various things you should consider to ensure smooth operations that prioritize patient needs. It can be overwhelming when starting a company that runs on mobile technology, and so we have compiled some of the top tips to ensure that you incorporate all the essentials to hit the ground running.
- Identify a target - It is important that your healthcare practice works to treat patients who actually need treatment. This may mean collecting data or statistics to determine minority or low-income populations who may benefit most from your services, and doing so will ensure that your financial and temporal investments have a wide reach.
- Hire the right people - Hiring staff who not only have the technical skills and right qualifications, but who can effectively communicate and empathize with patients is a huge plus. Having staff with a diverse background can mean the difference between good and excellent service, and those who are nonjudgmental and friendly will guarantee good interactions with your clients.
- Take note of laws - Being HIPAA compliant is non-negotiable for healthcare businesses. In everything you do, you must take note of relevant laws, regulations, and policies that are applicable to your business. This ensures that patient information is held secure, and at minimal risk from data leakages and hacks that commonly occur. HIPAA compliance supports businesses by holding them accountable, and allows you to have full confidence in the security of your practice.
- Partner with the FDA - It is a good idea to build a relationship with the FDA, to clarify any ambiguity concerning regulations. Having a partnership also means you can quickly communicate over any uncertain details, and simply reciprocating with an informed and respectful response, you can reap the benefits of a good strategy.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help - You should make informed business decisions, as although you’re running a healthcare practice and you care for the needs of your patients, at the end of the day, you need to be strategic. This means that you shouldn’t shy away from asking vendors and advisors for information concerning medical compliance. Outsourcing to attorneys and consultants may prove useful to ensure that you are performing at your best, and that you don’t miss critical details.
- Have control - It is important that you create and maintain strict policies when it comes to interacting with patients and managing sensitive information. Pushing your staff to always do their best, as well as regularly monitoring mobile health features can mean the difference between good and excellent service. Having control allows you to minimize public health risk, which reduces your chances of alterations with the FDA, and best of all, ensures that you’re running smooth business operations that cater to your patient needs.
- Restrict access - Make sure that only those who need access to relevant medical information have access. You should monitor who can access particular medical data, and ensure that only authorized personnel are communicating the right information. Not only does this ensure HIPAA compliance, but it allows for robust and secure infrastructure.
- Market your practice - Remember that you are a business, and businesses should promote their services! Emailing services, or distributing promotional flyers and advertisements, as well as spreading information through word of mouth should set you on a good footing. You need to ensure that patients are aware of your services and all you have to offer, otherwise, your resources won’t be utilized efficiently.
- Evaluate your goals - It is important to always circle back to your performance, and how you are achieving business and personal goals. You need to recognize weaknesses and build upon them, and preserve your strengths, as well as ensure you have a good bottom-line impact.
Take home message
Using mobile health is one of the most efficient and effective ways to deliver healthcare to clients, with its convenience and easy accessibility being a surefire crowd pleaser. However, it is important that you consider a multitude of factors to ensure your business’ success, and that you are actually meeting client needs. Patient data must be secure, and must reach the right audience, as well as it all being HIPAA compliant. Through our guide, we hope you have gained a solidified understanding of what it takes to be a successful medical mobile clinic, and that you comprehend the importance of planned business processes.