Spruce Health operates a one-stop shop when it comes to communication in healthcare. With a HIPAA-compliant platform, Spruce Health works to strengthen patient and practitioner professional relationships both inside and outside the office and integrates high-quality features to modernize the client experience. With messaging and video calling channels, in addition to note and payment systems, Spruce Health aims to streamline healthcare communication without boundaries. You can work to increase client satisfaction, and ensure that your patients are well cared for and that their health needs are met - which is of utmost importance.
With 2 plans that accommodate both basic and extensive needs, Spruce Health can boost your client engagement at either $24 or $49 per user per month.
However, Spruce Health may be suffering from a bit of tunnel vision when it comes to healthcare. While communication is key, there are many other areas in terms of clinical notes, transcribing, and workflow management that you may be missing out on.
Spruce Health - What Is It?
Before we get into the alternatives, let’s take a closer look at Spruce Health. Useful for a variety of fields, including primary care, mental health, and other specialties, Spruce works to elevate the quality of care when it comes to communication. Their platform has many features, including the following:
- Messaging services
- Video conferencing
- Scheduled and saved messages
- Clinic profiles
- Communication documentation
Spruce Health maintains these features within a mobile app, so you can engage with patients while on the go, and produce higher clinical outcomes. With a Basic plan at $24 per user per month you can access all of these features, otherwise there is a Communicator plan at $49 per user per month that takes you one step further. With this option, practitioners can:
- Automate phone line configurations (phone trees)
- Route urgent calls to on-call clinicians
- Route calls to specific team members
- Schedule auto-replie
While these features can prove immensely beneficial, it’s important to recognize that there are areas where Spruce Health falls short.
Lack of support
Spruce Health is your standard mobile app, meaning it can be more difficult to receive support from an official when needed. Based on market research, previous users have experienced difficulties when dealing with inquiries that require a response above artificial intelligence.
While communication and messaging services are absolutely essential to running successful telehealth businesses, Spruce Health fails to acknowledge many other areas that are integral to the growth and sustainability of health. This includes scheduling, clinical documentation storage and creation, as well as reminders and workflow automation.
Top 5 Alternatives to Spruce Health
We’ve conducted research on the next 5 best alternatives to Spruce Health. While Spruce certainly has its benefits, and we don’t want to discredit that, there are many other viable options out on the market that can work towards elevating your care and business expectations.
Carepatron is one of the leading options when it comes to healthcare, and used by over 10,000+ health professionals worldwide, it's developed with your needs in mind. As an all-in-one practice management software, Carepatron balances communication in addition to the following:
- Appointment scheduling: Managing appointments can be a tedious task, but with Carepatron’s appointment scheduling system, you can optimize your workflow and ensure you see as many patients as resources allow.
- Appointment reminders: Reduce no-shows by up to 99% by having automated reminders, and save your time and money.
- Billing and coding: With automated invoices generated in seconds, and accurate coding standards, you can ensure faster reimbursements
- Clinical documentation: Using voice-to-text transcription services, in addition to a wide selection of templates, resources, and storage, you can make sure your clinical notes live up to high standards.
In addition to these features, there are also many other sophisticated features that you can benefit from within Carepatron’s HIPAA-compliant platform.
If you’re still unconvinced, you should know that Carepatron offers unlimited 24/7 support to help you with any issues you encounter, or queries you may have. Additionally, Carepatron’s mobile app is compatible with mobiles, PCs, laptops, and tablet devices, which makes it super ideal for working remotely, and accessing work on the go. All services are encrypted according to industry standards and use sophisticated software to ensure your information remains protected and secure.
Using Carepatron can lead to more accurate note taking services and optimized workflows that increase clinical outcomes and allow for informed decisions regarding the future of your business. Without sacrificing quality, you can work smarter and grow your clientele.
Carepatron offers different plans at competitive prices, meaning you don’t have to break the bank to find high-quality health solutions.
- Starter: Free Plan
- Professional: $12 per user/month
- Organization: $19 per user/month
Don’t delay. Get started with Carepatron now 🎉
Practice Perfect is an excellent practice management software and EMR platform that works to increase organization, engagement, and optimization within healthcare businesses. There are various sophisticated features included, such as the following:
- Clinical documentation
- Appointment scheduling
- Task management
- Patient profiles
- Operational analytics
To make things easy for you, we’ve broken Practice Perfect’s platform down into the staple pros and cons.
- Variety - With a range of appointment and clinical documentation features within their platform, you can be certain that to elevate the quality of your care beyond just communication.
- Customization - You can curate the workflow that you desire, with flexible options that accommodate your needs.
- Easy navigation - Seamless navigation with an easy-to-use interface
- Device incompatibility - Practice Perfect is only available on a web browser, meaning it cannot be accessed through a mobile app or laptop application.
- Plugins - Many useful aspects of healthcare are only accessible through online plugins, such as their payment system.
- Expensive - Practice perfect is one of the more pricer alternatives out there
The software is available at $180 USD per month for 4 users, with each additional user costing $15 USD. If you would like to include additional locations, this is an extra $130 USD per month, which is on the higher end!
Simple Practice is another popular practice management system that has helped boost client engagement and optimize workflow processes within healthcare. As one of the biggest names in the game, Simple Practice can help your business flourish with the following features:
- Appointment scheduling
- Billing and coding
- Clinical documentation
- Patient Portal
Simple Practice is an easy way to solidify your status as a high-quality healthcare practice, focused on delivering the right solutions to patients.
- Customization - Simple Practice integrates many customizable features within its platform, so you can be sure to create the workflow that best suits your needs.
- Mental Health support - Simple Practice is commonly used for those within the mental health area, which makes it super easy to counsel remotely.
- Poor customer service - Healthcare is frustrating enough as it is, with Simple Practice only serving to amplify these frustrations according to market research.
- Outdated system - Because of growing market needs, there are many alternatives that have newer technology.
Simple Practice has three main pricing plans:
- Starter: $29/month
- Essential: $69/month
- Plus: $99/month
Another preferred practice management system used in hundreds of clinical practices is TheraNest. As a cloud-based system, TheraNest incorporates a range of features, including:
- Appointment scheduling
- Clinical documentation processes
- Medical billing
- Client portal
Without sacrificing quality, TheraNest can boost the standard of care within therapy and psychologist practices.
- HIPAA compliance - TheraNest works to keep your information safe and secure, which is of utmost importance when dealing with sensitive patient information.
- Therapy-focused - TheraNest is curated with the mental health industry in mind, and works to make sure you can deliver high-quality mental health outcomes.
- Lack of templates - Templates can make practitioners’ lives significantly easier, and unfortunately, TheraNest lacks on this front.
- Difficult pricing - TheraNest organizes pricing based on how many clients you see, which can be of less value if you have irregular patients who don’t always meet according to a schedule. There are far better alternatives out there!
If you’re interested, pricing for TheraNest is as follows:
- $39 monthly for under 30 clients
- $60 monthly for under 50 clients
- $91 monthly for under 80 clients
Finally, Cliniko is a highly sought-after practice management software that can increase the strength of your telehealth practices. You can manage your information on the cloud whilst streamlining administrative flows, and ensuring that you accurately oversee all your patient details. Cliniko incorporates many sophisticated features, including the following:
- Appointment booking
- Health records
- Invoice and payment management
- Analytics reports
- Communication channels
With a free trial for 30 days, you can access these features and understand how the interface works.
- Variety - With a range of different features for practitioners in different fields, there’s something for everyone
- Excellent security - Cliniko is HIPAA compliant, with it being central to their services. You can ensure that all records and client details are held confidential.
- Add-ons - Much of Cliniko’s value is best accessed through add-ons, which can be tricky and frustrating to work around and gain familiarity with.
- Tricky pricing - Cliniko also works in a bracket system, where payment is dependent on the number of practitioners you have.
To elaborate on the last point, the pricing for Cliniko is as follows:
- 1 practitioner for $49/mo
- 2-5 practitioners for $99/mo
- 6-8 practitioners for $149/mo
- 9-12 practitioners for $199/mo
- 13-25 practitioners for $299/mo
- 26-200 practitioners $399/mo
What should you look for in a practice management software?
It can be overwhelming to look at all this information in one read over, and it can be even more difficult to then choose a software upon first impressions. To help guide you, we’ve collated some of the top features that you should be looking for when selecting practice management software for your business.
Customization: You’re unlikely to find a platform that will meet all of your needs, especially as every healthcare clinic is different from the other. As a result, you need to make sure that the platform you choose has room for you to change and alter channels and documents as you see fit. They should cater to your needs, and how you want to run your business.
Compatibility: The ideal practice management platform should be accessible on mobile, laptop, PC, and tablet devices. You never know what upgrades you may make in the future, or what the growth of your business could look like. To futureproof, make sure that your software is adaptable to operate on different types of technology.
Automation: Although this may seem self-explanatory, your software should automate much of your administrative and workflow processes. This can make for far more efficient work, and add business value for you to grow and spend more time on what truly matters.
Although Spruce Health has its merits, after evaluation of alternatives, you may be more convinced that perhaps it’s not the right platform for you. With growing market needs and developments of revolutionary technology, it’s important that you consider all your options, and that you choose a practice management system that will best benefit you and your health requirements.
With Carepatron, you can ensure that every box is ticked and that you protect your assets in the long run. With features designed with practitioners’ needs in mind, you can be sure to develop meaningful relationships with patients without compromise.
Hopefully, we’ve pointed you in the right direction, and provided you with more information on what’s out there, and what may best suit your clinical goals. You can make more informed decisions, and take comfort in knowing that you’re on the right path to success.
- Best Power Diary alternatives (features and pricing)
- Best Cliniko alternatives (features and pricing)
- Best Theranest alternatives (features and pricing)
- Best Counsol alternatives (features and pricing)
- Best Therapy Notes alternatives (features and pricing)
- Best Nookal alternatives (features and pricing)
- Best My Clients Plus alternatives (features and pricing)
- Best Halaxy alternatives (features and pricing)